Today we proudly re introduce our Salsa CroMoto S.U.L. threadless mountain and road stems. Here are the details.
- MSRP = $60
- 1 1/8th inch threadless (28.6mm)
- 26.0 bar clamp available in 60, 80, 90, 100, 110 and 120mm lengths in both 90 degree & 105 degree
- 25.4 bar clamp available in 60, 80, 90, 100, 110, and 120mm lenghts in both 90 degree & 100 degree
- All sizes called out above are in stock and already selling at QBP!
Note: CroMoto S.U.L. quill stems are not in stock yet and still a month or two away
As you can see from the picture the new stems are visually identical to classic CroMoto S.U.L. threadless stems. So, what is new about the stem?
The biggest change is something you can't see. We’ve come up with a 2-step heat-treat process to increase strength and fatigue resistance. The end result is our strongest and most fatigue resistant CroMoto stem ever. Considering we've been building this stem in some form for over 20 years, that is a strong statement and testament to the new stem.
How do you tell the difference between the new and old? Good question.
There is a hashmark on the inside of the stem bar clamp. It is on the welded portion of the bar clamp, not the removable face plate.
Since we are talking about he CroMoto stems, we need to recap and point out a few things.
1) If you have a CroMoto stem purchased after November 7th, 2007, please click here to go the CroMoto Stem Safety Recall Website to see if you have a stem included in the recall. Note: If you just purchased a stem after this date and it has the hashmark shown above, it IS NOT included in the CroMoto Stem Safety Recall. The markings for new stems will be added to this website shortly.
2) If you have a Salsa complete bicycle with a painted to match Salsa CroMoto stem, the painted to match stem is included in the recall. Please go the recall website and follow the procedures to get a credit or new stem. Since we are unable to supply a painted to match stem as a replacement, many customers have asked for the paint codes so they can get the stem painted on their own. Here is that information.
- Copper Brown Ala Carte = YS9226
- Casseroll Ginger Beer = YS951
- Casseroll Mustard = YS132C with a pearlized clear coat
- El Mariachi Red = YS9018
- La Cruz Orange = This was a custom color based of PMS 151 with a pearlized clear coat. I'm sorry we do not have a stock YS paint color
Again, thanks to all of you for your patience and assistance during the last 15 months. We are proud of the new stem and really happy to have it back in our product line for the years to come.
Like this article? Share it with your friends.Tweet
This post filed under topics: cromoto stem